Consulting For Contractors
Does everyday feel like a time suck and your always putting out fires?
It doesn’t matter what trade business you’re creating – focusing your attention on building a business instead of tasks and putting out fires is key to getting your time back and continuously creating incremental growth.
Investing in a business consultant will be the best decision you ever make for yourself!
It’s usually not a lack of trying that keeps people from reaching the goals they’ve set for their companies. On the contrary, most trade business owners willingly pour all of their time, money, blood, sweat and tears into their companies -- and still come up short.
So, why is your business (chock full of fantastic ideas and great intentions) still struggling? And more importantly, how can you get it on track?
In my 10+ years of consulting here’s what I've discovered for why you’re in this situation
You are awesome at what you DO. You are highly skilled in your trade, you have great service and an excellent product. You’re less excellent at business – because you never got that education or training (after all, you learn to become a master in your trade, not running a business). You’ve managed to get this far without it…and now you’re faced with challenges you’re were never trained to handle.
This leads to problems with managing time, money, developing business systems and, of course, leading your team of employees.
It's time for you to move into the role of Business Owner
Start working on your business — get the education and training you need, along with a fresh perspective and new found insight from an experienced business mentor. Achieve these kinds of results:
- Create a business that gives you back your time
- Increased clarity and confidence
- Business systems that increase productivity and reduce costs
- A team you can delegate to with confidence
You will get consulting in these 6 key areas
- Your Primary Aim - Determine what you want from your business. Get your time back and grow your business.
- Your Strategic Objective - Create a very clear plan of what your business has to ultimately do for you to achieve your Primary Aim.
- Your Organizational Strategy - Determine the roles and accountability required to keep your business operating smoothly and meet your strategic objectives.
- Your Management Strategy - Create a Management Strategy that enables you to fulfill your promises to yourself, your company, your people and your customer in the best possible way.
- Your People Strategy - Develop and implement a strategy for managing your people - to provide them with the process, the purpose, the occasion to which to rise, knowing full well that they themselves are the only motivators they’ll take seriously.
- Your Systems Strategy - Create systems that enables growth without chaos, supports consistent business results, drives innovation and creates company value.
How does business consulting work?
I take the time to understand you, your goals, and your business.
Think of me as a temporary business partner - I’ll provide feedback, perspective and ask questions to help you explore your options.
Every entrepreneur and business is unique in the way they do business. There is no "one size fits all solution" - Together we'll choose the right path for you to build up your capabilities and implement your new strategies.
My role as a consultant is to help you develop and implement a turnkey solution that you can continue to use to create results for your business long after I'm gone.
Proactive Pathways consulting program for trade businesses
This program begins the moment you commit to it.
You complete a comprehensive assessment – this way we know exactly where you are starting at (a set point), your primary challenges and where we need to begin creating change. This way we can get the fastest results for you.
At our first meeting, we will review the assessment and create a 6 month plan.
Over the next six months, together we will define and implement the plan. As your temporary business partner, I will help you develop and launch effective strategies and activities that will delivery real results.
Strengthening Small Businesses
Joe is extremely knowledgeable
"Joe is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to better marketing your organization through the website. We couldn't be happier with the look and functionality of our site. In addition he provided us with training on how we can manage the pages of our site on our own and make small to medium size changes on our own time. Thank you Joe for your direction and professionalism!"
Leanne Roth, Owner
Action Glass Inc.
Great marketing strategy
"Joe did an excellent job of helping me build my marketing for the business. He taught me how to create a marketing strategy and then walked me through the process of putting the whole thing together. I highly recommend working with him!"
Dave McGowan, Owner
Second Generation Painting
What does business consulting cost?
Well, consulting doesn’t cost – it pays.
Business consulting is an investment that usually begins to pay off immediately and will continue paying off as you build your business. Everything you learn can continue to be used to create results in the future.
If you qualify – and do the work – I offer a guarantee:
If you don’t earn my fee over and above what you’re making now after 6 months of consulting, I will work with you at no charge until that is true.
Consulting rates for small businesses earning less than $800,000 per year start at just $750/month for 6 months of consulting and implementation.
The real cost is NOT getting business consulting
Here’s some free business consulting for you:
- How much did you earn in your business last month?
- How much did you WANT to earn last month?
- Subtract the two figures. This is how much it is costing you – each and every month – that you put off learning what you need to learn, or changing what you need to change.
Do you qualify to work with me?
My reputation is dependent on my clients’ success, so I only work with businesses who meet a specific set of criteria.
This might be you if:
You have a small business that has been operating for 5+ years. You are an intelligent, ambitious, high achiever. You want to grow a successful business.
You’re willing to accept feedback, make changes and explore the world outside of your comfort zone. (This is where change happens!)
If you’re looking for a fast, magical solution or a way to succeed without working or changing, this is not for you.